Welcome to the Auburn YMCA - WEIU
Two indoor pools are used for recreational and competitive swimming.
The Allyn-Riford Pool is a 25-yard, 6-lane pool used for swimming lessons (6-12 year-olds), swim team, laps, family swim, and water exercise classes.
The Emerson Pool is a 20-yard, 4-lane pool used mainly for preschool-age classes, family swims, and splash parties.
- Proper swim attire is required; no cut-offs, gym shorts, or t-shirts.
- Children who are not yet potty trained are required to wear a swim diaper.
- Children under age six (6) must be accompanied in the water by an adult.
- Children under age five (5), who have not passed the deep water test, will require an adult in the pool within arms reach or wear a lifejacket; parents must remain in the area.
Two gymnasiums are open to members most of the time. Sometimes, the gym may be reserved for sports leagues, gym classes, or special events.
An indoor running track is suspended above our main gymnasium.
The track has a rubber floor, banked turns, a restraining rail, and a catch fence around its inside edge.
- Distance for one mile is equal to 19 laps.
- Children under 14 are not permitted on the track without a responsible, supervising adult.
- On even-numbered days, traffic flow is clockwise; on odd-numbered days, traffic moves counter-clockwise.
- Slower moving traffic should stay to the inside.
- Please walk, jog, or run single file when the track is busy.
- Track access is through two stairways at the east and west ends of the gymnasium.
Racquetball and Squash Courts
- 4 Racquetball Courts
- 1 Squash court
Reservations are not required.
Please note -between noon and 1:00 pm, courts are utilized more.
The Fitness Center includes a weight room, Nautilus circuit, and Group Exercise studio located on the basement level, as well as a cardiovascular room on the first floor, complete with Cardio Theater. Included in the Nautilus and Cardio Fitness Center are elliptical trainers, treadmills, free climbers, Concept II rowers, upright computerized bikes, recumbent bikes, a Stairmaster Gravitron, Nautilus Nitro Machines, 4 Nautilus 2ST weight machines, VKR and Smith machines, 13 Hammerstrength weight machines, and a variety of free weights and dumbbells. New member orientation is required for the Nautilus Center; please stop in or call the Y to make an appointment in advance.
The golf net is set up on Old Racquetball Courts - You will need a Key for access.
Please pick up at the Member Services Desk.
Please bring your own clubs.