LIVESTRONG® at the YMCA is a 12-week small-group fitness program for adult cancer survivors who have become de-conditioned or chronically fatigued from their treatment and/or disease. The program is for any adult who is currently going through cancer treatment or has gone through some form of cancer treatment in the past and wants to regain their health and well-being.
- Subsidized 12-week YMCA Family Membership
- Two 75 minute classes per week
- A combination of individual instruction and group activities.
- Workouts include cardiovascular exercise, strength training, stretching & balance work
- Full access to the Auburn and Skaneateles YMCA’s
- Improve energy and self-esteem
- Build muscular strength and endurance
- Improve flexibility & Restore Balance
- Improve circulation and functional ability to complete everyday tasks
- Reduce the severity of therapy side effects
- Improve body image
- Reduce stress levels
- Build supportive relationships in a comfortable and safe environment
DAYS AND TIMES
For more information about our next session contact Laura Clary, Wellness Director,315-253-5304 ext 1006 or email Laura.
RECLAIM: Cancer Exercise Video
Here at the Y, we know that staying active and reducing stress is sometimes easier said than done when you’ve been diagnosed with cancer. Whether you are on exploring participating in our LiveSTRONG program, immunocompromised, or struggling to balance work and family life, we highly recommend the RECLAIM: Cancer Exercise Video Series created by the Eugene Texas YMCA. This video series is here for you to use from the comfort and safety of your own home, on your own schedule. These videos draw from Eugene Y's specially trained instructors' experience working with survivors over the last five years and include proven post-treatment exercise and self-care content.