Its been a long wait, and we can't wait to see you! We are excited to welcome you back to to our Cardio and Weight Rooms. Gym access remains closed but, in accordance with state and local guidance, we are able to provide select programs and services for our members that include: Outdoor Group Fitness Classes, Lap Swimming, Swim Lessons, Water Fitness Classes, Fit Kits to Go, Cycling Bike Rentals and School Age Childcare.
Entrance and Exit:
All staff and members will enter the building through the front entrance in Skaneateles and the driveway entrance in Auburn.
In Auburn you will exit at the William Street Door.
- Please maintain a distance of 6 feet from others.
- All members will have their temperature taken upon entering. If your temp is over 100.4, you will not be allowed to enter the building.
- You will be asked to sign a waiver and fill out a health questionnaire. The waiver is a one time form that will be kept on file.
- You will be asked to sanitize your hands.
- Masks are required at all times, if you do not have one we will provide you with one.
Please note: per NYS DOH guidelines masks Must cover both nose and mouth.Bandanas, Gaiters and Buffs are NOT acceptable face coverings.
- Ages 14 and above will be permitted in the cardio room and on the track (once we are able to open those areas), ages 13 and under will not be permitted at this time.
- No guest passes or staff guest passes will be permitted. Nationwide Membership is temporarily suspended at this time.
Coffee and Vending Machines will not be available.
Water fountains are for fill use only, no drinking directly from fountain. Please bring your own water bottle.
There will be no indoor organized or instructional sports, no indoor group exercise classes (virtual and outside classes available)
Areas that are OPEN:
Social distancing guidelines will be followed in all areas of the Y. Please read and follow signage.
Reservations are required for pools, cardio room, weight room and ice rinks. To reserve your slot, in Auburn call at 315-253-5304 and in Skaneateles call 315-685-2266
Pools...Laps, Water Fitness Classes
Cardio and Weight Rooms
Lockers Rooms (for changing only), Health Centers remain closed.
Areas that will be CLOSED: We look forward to more openings as stages dictate.
- Showers Unavailable
- Cycle Studio
- Whirlpool and Saunas
- Child Watch
- Racquetball Courts
- Health Centers
- Group Exercise Room
- Multipurpose Room
Members must disinfect equipment before and after use.
Members must wash hands or use hand sanitizer before and after working out.
The Y will continue to review these guidelines regularly to meet federal, state and local guidelines.
We are unsure how long phase one guidelines will be in place, please refer to signage in the facility and check
our website for up to date information.
Masks are to be worn at all times while in the building. The prolonged use of masks when worn properly does not cause CO2 intoxication nor O2 deficiency. Your body needs to adapt to becoming more efficient at metabolizing oxygen. Take it slower and gradually increase your intensity. IF YOU BEGIN TO FEEL DIZZY, IMBALANCED OR OVERLY FATIGUED... STOP!If you are feeling any of the above symptoms tell a Wellness Staff member, they will take you to a safe area where you can remove your mask